In a few days, many of us will be heading to Las Vegas for the HR Technology Conference & Expo, which runs Oct. 18–21. This annual event is always abuzz with the HR community’s creativity and energy, and a favorite among those of us who attend from Workday. We’re looking forward to connecting with customers, partners, and prospective customers to hear about their evolving needs, and sharing what we’ve been up to so we can exchange ideas and work together to solve their biggest HR problems.
The HR landscape has changed considerably over the past year, and the industry shift from talent management to people enablement continues to prompt new trends and technologies aimed at engaging and meeting the needs of individual employees.
With so many organizations putting greater effort toward talent retention and recruiting, I expect HR leaders to share new practices focused on creating career development opportunities and on providing rewarding and diverse work experiences that help employees advance their careers. I’m also eager to take in HR practitioners’ new approaches aimed at improving engagement and performance management, and keen to share our perspectives on how they can tackle some of their biggest challenges with data-driven insights.
I look forward to having these discussions with many of you next week. In the meantime, here are five places where you can hear from our customers and learn more about Workday at HR Tech:
- Organizations need better talent insights to keep their strong cultures intact as they grow their businesses. They’ll gain some great tips in, “MGM Resorts International Doubles Down on Tech for Talent Insights,” with MGM Senior Vice President of HR Michelle DiTondo and Workday Chairman and Co-Founder Dave Duffield, Monday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m., Surf A-C.
- Big data, machine learning, and predictive analytics top the list of the most innovative business technologies. How should HR be using these innovations to make better talent decisions? Workday Vice President of Technology Product Strategy Adeyemi Ajao will share how the latest advances in data science will impact employees and the workplace in, “Building the Next Generation of HR Analytics Technology,” Monday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m., Lagoon ABGH.
- Steve Boese and Trish McFarlane, hosts of the popular “HR Happy Hour” podcast, will moderate a discussion with Workday Senior Vice President of Products Leighanne Levensaler. You’ll gain insight into how HR technology is shaping the way organizations manage talent through higher engagement and a larger focus on individual career development in, “Beyond the Hype: What’s Really Important in HR Technology Today,” Monday, 1:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m., Mandalay Bay Ballrooms I-K.
- Leighanne and Workday Director of HCM Product Marketing Steve Yates will demonstrate one of our newest products, Workday Talent Insights, an application that helps customers identify top performers at risk of leaving and then makes recommendations on how to retain them. This session is always a crowd favorite, so get there early and grab a seat at, “Awesome New Technologies for HR,” Tuesday, 8:30 a.m.–10 a.m., Mandalay Bay Ballrooms A-H.
- Join us at the Workday booth and for customers panels in the Expo Hall. Our customers will discuss how they are using Workday to transform their businesses and position their organizations for future growth. Here’s when and where you can find them:
- Monday, Four Seasons, 3:00 p.m.–3:15 p.m., VMware, 4:45 p.m.–5:00 p.m., and Allied Global, 5:15 p.m.–5:30 p.m., Workday booth.
- Tuesday, Four Seasons, 12:30–12:45 p.m., Allied Global, 1:00 p.m.–1:15 p.m., and VMware, 1:30 p.m.–1:45 p.m., Workday booth.
Monday, 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. in Expo Hall Session Room 2 and Tuesday, 10:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m. in Expo Hall Session Room 1. Workday Vice President of Presales Cristina Goldt and I will moderate a panel where Allied Global, Four Seasons, and VMware will demonstrate how they’re using the latest Workday technologies.
While you’re at the Workday booth, be sure to take our survey about the latest HR trends, including retention and analytics—your input is very valuable to us.
We’ll also be reporting live from the show floor through the Workday social media channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. You can follow us at @workday and participate in the conversation with the hashtag #HRTechConf. See you there!