We’re counting down the minutes to the start of the HR Technology Conference & Expo, taking place Oct. 4-7 in Chicago. Italian beef, deep-dish pizza, a beautiful skyline, and an energetic HR community eager to tackle the most pressing workforce issues—what more could you ask for?
We are excited to connect with attendees—including Workday customers, partners, and prospective customers—to share what’s new in Workday, better understand your challenges, and exchange ideas and best practices. Here’s a quick overview of where you can find us this week:
- Learn how Abbott Labs rebuilt its talent pipeline. Abbott’s Divisional VP of Global HR Service Centers & HR IT Solutions, Patrick Lalor, will share how his team reimagined talent and succession with a unified HR, talent management, and recruiting system in, “How Workforce Insight Drives Business Strategy at Abbott Labs,” along with Workday SVP of Products Leighanne Levensaler, Wed., Oct. 5, 1:15-2:15 p.m., N426.
- Analytics will once again be a hot topic at the annual conference. Where can the application of HR analytics have the most value for HR leaders and their organizations? And what direction will HR analytics take over the next few years? Workday VP of HCM Product Strategy Karen Minicozzi will share her views in, “The Evolution and Future of HR Analytics Technology,” Thurs., Oct. 6, 11 a.m.-12 p.m., S401.
- Is performance management working the way it should for your organization? Does it truly drive greater productivity and employee engagement? Workday VP of Leadership and Organization Effectiveness Greg Pryor will join VMware Sr. Director of Global People Development Jeffrey Janowitz, PwC Leadership Development Experience Leader Kimberlee Washington Barr, and Deloitte Principal of Human Capital Melanie Langsett in, “How to Embrace the Evolution of Performance Management,” Thurs., Oct. 6, 11 a.m.-12 p.m., S404.
- Workday SVP of User Experience Joe Korngiebel will explore the most important factors determining the look and feel of next-generation HR technologies, and how HR leaders can take advantage of new trends in, “Design Matters: Building the Next Generation of HR Technology,” Thurs., Oct. 6, 4-5 p.m., S404.
- HR professionals going through a vendor selection process can learn from Workday VP of Presales Cristina Goldt on what to look for in onsite product demonstrations in, “Getting the Most Value From the Vendor Demo: The Experts Tell You How,” Thurs., Oct. 6, 4-5 p.m., S405.
In addition, Workday customers Discover Financial Services and Scottrade will be in our booth #1805 to talk about how they’re using Workday to transform their businesses. Please come by with any questions you have for them.
If you’re ready to see our technology in action, we’ll be running demos of Workday as a system of engagement on Wed., Oct. 5 in Room 2 at 1:45 p.m.; and Thurs., Oct. 6 in Room 2 at 10 a.m.
Last but not least, we are the spotlight sponsor of HR Gives Back, a nonprofit organization that raises funds for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research and the American Heart Association. Join us at our “Sink a Hole-in-One for Charity” putting station at the back of the HR Tech expo hall (near the demo rooms). For every shot you take, Workday will donate $1 to HR Gives Back. If you sink a hole-in-one, Workday will donate $10.
We’ll be updating our activity live from the show floor through the Workday Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts. You can follow us at @workday and participate in the conversation with the hashtag #HRTechConf. See you in the Windy City!