At Workday, we believe in delivering innovation that unlocks human potential, and we understand the opportunity that artificial intelligence (AI) offers to positively transform how people and organizations operate. We also believe that it’s vital that we come together—members of academia, industry, and government— to navigate the potential implications of AI for individuals, for society, and for the world around us.
I believe the National Artificial Intelligence Advisory Committee (NAIAC) has a key role to play in charting a responsible course forward. While I’m joining the committee in a personal capacity, I’m honored to work for a company that’s focused on developing trustworthy and groundbreaking enterprise AI products, and helping to shape an AI policy landscape that’s transparent and innovative.
As we bring the benefits of AI to bear for our customers and their employees, we’re committed to doing so responsibly. We’ve developed six guiding principles:
- Put people first.
- Care about the society around us.
- Act fairly.
- Respect the laws that govern the way we operate.
- Be responsible custodians of data.
- Always be transparent and accountable.
With those principles at our core, Workday seeks to promote the use of AI to provide:
- Insights to Help Inform Decision Making | Insights and predictions that help inform decisions in a changing landscape.
- Insights to Unlock Opportunities | Tools that unlock opportunities for people and organizations as they work to develop new skills or reach their goals.
- Insights to Improve Experiences | Continued investment in AI that automates labor-intensive or manual processes and enables personalized, intelligent experiences so people can realize their potential.