As a critical part of our efforts, we formed our VIBE Accelerator Team, 20 dedicated Workmates from our engineering, legal, people analytics, professional services, recruiting, sales, and Workday on Workday teams who are focusing, full-time for the next year, on turning our ambitious B&D plans into reality.
Our Company Commitments
We know there's a lot of work to be done and areas to consider, but as we look ahead, we’re focused on where we can have the most impact and where we need to see the most immediate progress. These commitments, developed specifically in response to the events of this year, must fuel meaningful action. To support them, we’re making an additional investment of more than $45 million over the next three years. At the same time, our broader B&D efforts, led by our B&D team and including our EBCs, will continue, with an expanded reach as we focus on involving all of our Workmates across the globe in our VIBE approach.
Hiring and developing diverse talent. With a core value of employees, we know that diverse talent is a cornerstone of our success, which is why we’re committed to increasing the recruitment, hiring, and advancement of underrepresented talent at Workday. While our B&D team will work across all Workmate communities, our VIBE Accelerator Team will focus initially on increasing Workday’s Black and Latinx populations, which are currently the most underrepresented in our workplace, and bettering the experience of those populations.
- Increase overall representation of Black and Latinx employees in the U.S. by 30% by 2023.
- Double the number of Black and Latinx leaders in the U.S. by 2023.
- Invest 25,000 hours in training over the next year to help ensure all people leaders can attract, recruit, hire, and advance employees of all backgrounds.
Cultivating a culture of belonging. While recruiting the best diverse talent is a critical step, it’s just as important to create a culture of belonging, where our Workmates can bring their best selves to work and have a sense of purpose, trust, connection, and growth.
- Help ensure less than a 3% difference in belonging for all Workmates across all demographics (as measured by the Great Place to Work questions that power the belonging outcome of our VIBE IndexTM).
- Infuse VIBE into how we think about and act on our Workday core values.
- Invest 150,000 hours in career development programs and education that increase visibility and opportunity for Black and Latinx talent over the next year.
Building inclusive products and technology. We take our role as the HR software provider for some of the world’s largest organizations with great responsibility, and we will continue to develop and deliver products that help empower Workday and our customers to accelerate B&D.
- Empower our customers via product and solution innovations to measure and benchmark diversity and belonging in the workplace, including:
- VIBE CentralTM in 2020. VIBE Central brings all diversity- and inclusion-related data into one consolidated dashboard in Workday Human Capital Management.
- VIBE IndexTM in 2021. VIBE Index measures the relative performance and outcomes of an organization’s efforts across five categories to identify the highest opportunity for positive change, as well as a VIBE Index score for overall workplace equity.
- Offer workshop services at no charge for our first 300 customers deploying VIBE Central.
- Publish a biannual B&D product roadmap for our customers to highlight innovative solutions.